Statutes (Extracts, Preamble and Paragraphs 1-2)
The Arusjak Tschakarjan Stiftung (Arusjak Tschakarjan Foundation) is established
in memory of Dr Arusjak Tschakarjan (10 November 1925 – 31 October 2004),
mindful of her delight and devotion in exercising her profession – paediatrician,
in honour and for the purpose of continuation of her care and support for financially poorer people and families, particularly for children, and her special care and support for financially poorer people and families, particularly for children, in Bulgaria.
§ 1 Name, legal form and legal domicile of the Foundation
(1) The Foundation bears the name "Arusjak Tschakarjan Stiftung" („Arusjak Tschakarjan Foundation“).
(2) It is a legally capable civil law foundation based in Cologne.
§ 2 Purpose of the Foundation
(1) The Foundation pursues exclusively and directly non-profit or charitable purposes as stated in the section on „Tax-privileged Purposes“ of the German Tax Code.
(2) The purpose of the foundation is raising funds for the promotion of the public health care and for the care of needy children and young people with Bulgarian citizenship mainly in Bulgaria, as an exception also outside Bulgaria, by another entity or an entity under public law. In addition, the foundation can realise these purposes directly itself.
(3) The purpose of the foundation is realised especially by
- Donations to paediatric institutions of the public health care in Bulgaria, in particular to children's clinics, for specific purposes (e.g. the purchase of medicines, medical equipment);
- Promotion of projects and activities of paediatric institutions of the public health care in Bulgaria, in particular children's clinics, in the field of medical treatment and health care of children from low-income families.
In exceptional cases, the foundation can contribute by a donation to short-term study-related stays abroad of medical students or junior doctors, if the beneficiaries are citizens of Bulgaria, if they are able to prove that those study-related stays abroad are of prime importance for their medical studies or their specialist training and that they can't be financed by themselves or by grants of other institutions, and if they commit themselves to return to Bulgaria after this stay abroad.